Monday, January 26, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Meantime, Happy Martin Luther King Day. I'll be at work, I work for the private sector that does not recognize this holiday. Of course, he does not recognize President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, etc.
Ruffinism for the day: Do something helpful for someone else on Martin Luther King Day. I'll be helping Mr. G.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The Golden Globes are about outstanding... OUTSTANDING ...achievements in the television and movie industry. When did falling asleep after taking too many drugs naked garner you the highest honor of your peers?
And while I'm at it, I thought I might give a shout out to Laura Dern who played Catherine Harris in RECOUNT. Her final statement on her award was this: "I will cherish this as a reminder of the extraordinary incredible outpouring of people who demanded their voice be heard in this last election so we can look forward to an amazing change in this country." Laura, guess what? We do not give a flip about your politics...shut up and entertain.
I'm sorry, that was quite refreshing.
Steven Spielberg has a body of work. Kate Winslet has a body of work. Hell, even Miley Cyrus has a body of work. You can vent, tell me I'm a jerk, just don't tell me Heath Ledger deserved a Golden Globe over any of these guys in his category:
Ruffinism for the weekend: Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson
Thursday, January 1, 2009
1. Ride my fantabulous brand new 3-speed powder puff blue bicycle (notice pedals set foward
of wheels=total comfort) 3 times a day. Ok, once a day.
2. Swear off cheese...that isn't havarti, monterrey jack, cheddar, or american.
3. Quit lobbing imaginative grenades from my dashboard at people who don't know how to drive - note to
self, check into front loading torpedos.
4. Pay my bills on time...have you noticed that once you pay all of your bills online, all of a sudden
there is no hurry...I may be a day late but I can always power up the old computer and pay
instantly, therefore you get complacent. Chevron thinks I'm too complacement this month.
5. Get my ducts cleaned because even the stuff under my bed has dust on it.
6. Pray for the price of pine trees to go to $10,000 per tree, we have 47.
7. Become invaluable.
10. Accept yourself...done.
Happy New Year everyone.